Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Glitter Toes - Dragonfly



Summer is on it's way and what better way to celebrate that with sparkly toe nails!

As always I start clean and disinfect my tools and nails.
Prep has already been done prior to filming.



In the video I start off by dehydrating the nails with IBD prep, this also removes any excess dust.
Then I prime the natural nail and go ahead with my first coat of IBD builder gel in clear.
I let that cure for 2 minutes.

Then I brush on a thin layer of clear gel and start patting on neon pink glitter, for then to fade it with blue glitter, letting that cure for about 2 minutes.

When all 10 toenails are done, I go ahead with my last coat of gel, so I brush on a thin layer and then I smooth out the surface.
The nails don't need to be thick, just smooth.
And I let that cure for at least 2 minutes.
I removed tacky layer with non-acetone nailpolish remover and filed the sidewalls and free edge.

Then I did some stamping nail art on the big toes, put some clear nail polish on all 10 and let that dry.
When dry, I put on some cuticle oil to the cuticles and took some pictures.

I hope you like the design, and getting in the mood for summer! Joy!!





1 comment: